DC/DC Converters (Computer Power Supplies, Liquid Crystal Panel Driver Units, etc.)
• Ceramic X7R experiences reduced capacitance due to applied bias voltage.
Film capacitor does not experience a reduction of capacitance.
• In some cases, a noise is generated (piezoelectric effect) when Ceramic X7R is used in AC circuits.
Use of a film capacitor prevents noise.
• Liquid Crystal Televisions & Displays • Computers • PDA Game Devices • Game consoles • Others
• Ceramic X7R noise countermeasure
• No reduction of capacitance when DC bias is applied.
→ By the differential of DC bias characteristics, the capacitor's total capacitance is reduced to less than 40% of Ceramic X7R's.